Stacii Samidin (1987 – Based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
Radicalism, stories and the unseen are the foundation of Stacii Samidin’s continuous life work called Societies. At the core is the essence of accepting a human being without judgement and prejudice. Creating a shift in the individual and collective consciousness.
In the midst of his own radical teenage years Samidin started documenting his environment, which came to the attention of a professional documentary photographer who introduced Samidin to the field. In 2011 Samidin got the opportunity to exhibit his first series called Moluccans in The Netherlands, which was featured in the ‘Angry’ exhibition in ‘The Netherlands Fotomuseum’. From that moment on Samidin realized that he could use his medium to tell his personal story through the eyes of the ones he captures and those of the observers. Becoming the gang photographer of The Netherlands was his goal, until he started traveling and photographing extensively. This developed in the desires to question one’s own truth, breaking down stereotypes, studying the relationship between the character of a person and its environment, and offering a platform for an open and honest dialogue.
Samidin has explored the ghettos of Paris, Nairobi, Los Angeles, Surinam, Jakarta and Bali. Personally meeting and getting to know each and every one he has ever captured by simply being genuinely and respectfully interested. Photographing the lives of minorities, the oppressed and of those with unorthodox lifestyles by applying analogue photography reflecting the sincerity and rawness of his subjects.
Societies has been exhibited nationally by TENT Rotterdam, Naarden Photo Festival, Rotterdam Photo Festival and internationally by Jenja in Bali, Indonesia, in Wuhan, China and by Maison de Haubans in Nantes, France amongst numerous others. Samidin has been published widely in major magazines including Esquire, L’Officiel Hommes, Focus, SHUTR.photo magazine and Vice.
His work has also been awarded by De Kracht van Rotterdam in 2016. Since that same year Samidin has been a Visual Entrepreneur of Olympus and started expanding his filmmaking career by directing (music) videos for music label TopNotch, Roaches & Rebels and CUL.TURE next to working on his documentaries.
// Graduation Willem de Kooning academy, Rotterdam [NL] 2014
// Gallery: Gallery Untitled, Rotterdam [NL]
Atelier Stacii Samidin
☏ +31 (0) 643987266
// Publication: Kroost (Rotterdamse Cultuur vernieuwers), Focus Magazine, NRC, Chipsocial, de Kracht van Rotterdam, Rotterdam Festival, L’official Hommes, Metro, SKVR, NOS, Rotterdam UIT, De Kracht van Rotterdam, Rotterdam in Beeld, HipHopHuis, Charlois Speciaal, Versbeton, Bogue, Open Rotterdam, Rotterdam Rijnmond Radio, Rotterdam Rijnmond TV, Vice, Young Critics, HRO Profielen Magazine, Los Bangeles, Rotterdam Uitgeweest, ISSUES magazine, Yourlab, Additors, NPO2, Radio2, Funx Rotterdam, DJ Broadcast Amsterdam, Ideas Magazine, Esquire Magazine.
– Societies, Jenja, Bali [Indonesia]
– Societies, Tent Rotterdam, Metro54, Rotterdam [NL]
– Societies, Antwerpe [Belgie]
– Societies, Shanghai [China]
– Societies, Naarden Photo Festival, Naarden [NL]
– Societies, Route du Nord, Rotterdam [NL]
– Schiedamswater, Schiedam, Rotterdam [NL]
– Societies, MotelMozaique, Rotterdam [NL]
– Societies, Rotterdam Photo Festival, Rotterdam [NL]
– Societies, Kunsline Flevoland Almere, Almere [NL]
– Route du Nord, Noordsingel, Societies, Rotterdam [NL]
– Charlois Speciaal, Kerkgangers, Rotterdam [NL]
– The world is yours, HipHopHuis, Rotterdam [NL]
– Societies, – De kracht van Rotterdam, Rotterdam [NL]
– Societies, Cinerama Film Theater, Rotterdam [NL],
– Societies ButcherBoy, Rotterdam [NL]
– Societies, Kunstenaarsbal, Amsterdam [NL]
– Societies, TwentySix, Rotterdam [NL],
– Societies, Route du Nord, Bird, Rotterdam [NL]
– Le Cru, Freshcotton, Amsterdam [NL],
– Societies, Luchtsingel Opperclaes, Rotterdam [NL],
– Societies, Kadmium, Delft [NL],
– Societies, SBK Dordrecht [NL],
– Societies, Wuhan [China]
– Societies, Roodkapje, Rotterdam [NL]
– Flinkwerk, Centrale Bibliotheek Rotterdam, Rotterdam [NL]
– Maison de Haubans, Malakoff, Nantes, Frankrijk [FR]
– Angry, Nederlands Foto Museum, Rotterdam [NL]
Fotocopyright_ Stacii Samidin © 2018
Stacii Samidin de houder van deze website en inhoud (Fotografie, Grafische en Textuele content) behoud zich alle intellectuele eigendomsrechten en andere rechten voor met betrekking tot alle op of via deze website aangeboden informatie (waaronder alle teksten, grafisch materiaal en logo’s). Het is niet toegestaan informatie op deze website over te kopiëren, te downloaden of op enigerlei wijze openbaar te maken, te verspreiden of te verveelvoudigen zonder voorafgaande schriftelijke toestemming van de houder van deze website of de rechtmatige toestemming van de rechthebbende. U mag informatie op deze website wel afdrukken en/of downloaden voor eigen persoonlijk gebruik.(1)
(1) Deze voorwaarde is niet van toepassing op alle overheidsinstellingen en derden die samenwerken of onder opdracht van overheidsinstellingen zitten.
error: More info: firstname.lastname@example.org